Failing to identify potential hazards associated with an existing or new activity can leave an operator vulnerable to potential adverse consequences. Hazard Identification (HAZID) is a systematic approach to identifying these potential hazards.
Hazard Identification is fundamental to the safe design and operation of any process. A range of Hazard Identification tools are available; all are rigorous and systematic. The tools include
- Process Hazard Assessment (PHA),
- 6-stage Hazard Study.
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP),
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA),
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA),
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA),
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA/SIL)
- Quantified Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Bow-tie analysis
HSD have many years’ experience in applying these more rigorous and systematic evaluation processes. Being independent consultants allows us to remain objective, bring industry best practice, and avoid any vested interests as we are not equipment suppliers.
- advise on the most appropriate method for your application
- manage your HAZID Study
- take part in your study to provide independent input
Contact HSD today to discuss your HAZID needs.